Hydrocraft Technologies is a sister company to EHS. The mission of Hydrocraft Technologies is simple, the company aims to provide: “Quality hydraulic and pneumatic training directed to both the highest and lowest skill levels of the industry."
The training is carried out by Russell Gill who is a Bachelor of Science graduate, mechanical engineer with 33 years experience in the Fluid Power Industry. Russell was for many years a design and project engineer, completing a number of large hydraulic projects. Russell has been a council member of South African Fluid Power Association (SAFPA) for 18 years, 6 of which were as President. He was instrumental in setting up the Standards Generating Group (SGG) that wrote the National Certificate in Fluid Power. Russell was the member of the SGG that wrote the new unit standards. His involvement in completing the above has included SAQA and various SETA’s.
Here is a basic breakdown of what you can expect from one of the training programmes we offer:
Course: Fundamental Hydraulic Theory & Maintenance
Duration: 3 days
The ability to be able to read and correctly interpret a hydraulic circuit diagram and from this, understand how the valves operate, the purpose of each valve in the circuit, and the logic of the complete control circuit is key to maintaining and troubleshooting hydraulic systems.
- How the basic hydraulic theories are applied in practice.
- The operation of pressure, flow and directional control valves and there applications in hydraulic circuits.
- The different types of hydraulic control systems and the effect on energy usage
- The importance of good hydraulic filtration techniques.
- The basics of hydraulic circuit applications
- Hydraulic pumps and motors and the control thereof.
- Basics of Fluid Power connectors and the different threads used
- Hydraulic cylinder construction and good sealing practices.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting techniques
This is a course that starts from the basics and therefore no previous hydraulic learning is required
Who should attend?
- Workshop artisans who require hydraulic knowledge
- Hydraulic maintenance fitters
- Engineers with no hydraulic experience
- Hydraulic internal and external sales people
- Hydraulic symbols
- Basic theoretical principles for the design of hydraulic systems
- Hydraulic fluids
- Hydraulic filtration and cleanliness control
- The basic operation of pressure, flow and directional control valves
- Hydraulic cylinders, construction and sealing methods
- Basic operation of hydraulic gear pumps and other fixed displacement pumps.
- Basic operation of open and closed loop variable hydraulic pumps and motors
- Hydraulic fluid connectors
- Basic hydraulic circuit diagrams and applications
- Pump controller types and operating principles
- Principles of load sensing control
- Maintenance and troubleshooting techniques using practical circuit diagrams **
**the troubleshooting and maintenance section can be tailored to suit systems running in the delegates plant. Circuit diagrams can be submitted to the presenter
SMC have recently set up a state of the art training centre at their South African head office in Midrand, Gauteng. Russell will be one of the lecturers at SMC, facilitating the hydraulics training.
- Pneumatic Training Equipment
- Hydraulic Training Equipment
- Training Assembly Systems
- Online SMC Training Programs - eLEARNING Courses